Scope and Responsibility of Board of Executive Directors
1. To review business performance of the Bank in detail on behalf of the Board.
1.1 Review and recommend annual budget and business plan of TMB including capital planning.
1.2 Conduct tracking of financial result and performance by business segment of TMB.
1.3 Oversee performance of subsidiaries.
2. Review and recommend or approve large capital expenditure in relation to plan and strategy according to delegation of authority.
3. Review and recommend new business models that are strategic for the Bank including equity participation.
4. Monitor progress of transformation that build capabilities of the Bank for the future.
5. Monitor progress of the branding and corporate communications programs.
6. Review the overall performance of the Chief Executive Committee and provide advice to management as appropriate on urgent or important issues and review the critical issues raised by the management and propose to the Board.
7. Oversee the Bank’s digital transformation and IT investment plans to ensure sufficient investment in IT architecture, infrastructure and supporting systems to effectively support the digital transformation that covers digital business, security, and risk.
8. Ensure appropriate governance on customer data management, data quality, and information security.
9. Review control, implementation and monitor IT security and cybersecurity controls (threats and vulnerabilities) to ensure reliability, accessibility, security, and stability in accordance with policy and risk appetite, including regular disclosure of IT and cyber security reports to BoD
10. Undertake such additional tasks as are related to and considered by the BoED to be necessary to achievement of the foregoing responsibilities or as may be assigned to it by the Board.